· To be fully aware of the preparation and service of all dishes on the hotel menus.
· To prepare and present dishes on hotel menus according to customer requirements.
· To ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
· To keep food wastage to a minimum.
· To maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and safe and hygienic working practices.
· To practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
· To report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
· To assist with the ordering of food materials as required following company procedures.
· To be fully aware of and strictly observe Food Safety regulations and requirements.
· To be fully aware of and comply with hotel and company rules and regulations
· Respect for hygiene and equipment
· Respect for the instruction given by management
· Willingness to work hard
· Food preparation tasks (mincing, garnishes, etc)
· Hot and cold cooking tasks (simple cooking, seasoning, etc)
· Cleaning and tidying the area allocated to him or her
Knowledge, skills and competence to be acquired:
· Knowledge of kitchen equipment
· Complete command of culinary basics
· Active listening skills: implementing the advice offered
· Paying attention to detail and quality: respecting the instructions given
· Team spirit
· Organize the working spaces in a rational way, assure the efficiency and cleanliness state of tools and equipments, follow the rules about safety and hygiene.
· Use the working techniques and tools to prepare and serve food;
· Foreign languages - Knowledge of the main structure and content of the foreign languages including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar;
Tasks of the trainee:
• Follow sanitation guidelines
• Adhere to safety procedures
• Pitch in and work as part of a team
• Handle equipment, appliances, small wares, supplies, and tools
• Perform operating procedures
• Prepare and cook food items
• Communicate effectively with co-workers and managers
To be able to be selected you have to:
– Be a student!
– Have medium level of English!
– Be motivated to learn and to live in new cultural atmosphere !
Accomodation, meals and pocket money are included in the internship offer.
Tenerife Job Training
Fañabé - Adeje (SPAIN)